Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
1. How can it be that I havent paid for a commercial listing in yahoo directory (credit card was a one time card) - and my site is still there?
2. Can it be a penalty for not showing my site in their search results?
3. Will it make any sence to renew my listing and pay at least for this year to improve my search results?
4. And finally a last question which I am sure everyone is familiar with - does yahoo directory listing nowadays help google ranking as it was in the past?
I would be very very thankfull for your comments, Forum.
Yours sincerely, Isabelle.
1. How can it be that I havent paid for a commercial listing in yahoo directory (credit card was a one time card) - and my site is still there?They may not had the time to take it off yet or they are giving you so many days to pay before they take it down.
2. Can it be a penalty for not showing my site in their search results?No!
3. Will it make any sence to renew my listing and pay at least for this year to improve my search results?It helps in Yahoo because they display results from the directory, but I don't think it helps that much with Google, at least not much as it use to. If you get good traffic from the directory you should stay with them, if you think it's worth it.
4. does yahoo directory listing nowadays help google ranking as it was in the past?
There are also plenty of reports that Yahoo customer service and billing is "unpredictable" presently. None of this is unexpected to me, they acquired 5-6 major search related properties last fall and deployed a new SE last spring.
NOW, they appear to be busy trying to integrate all of those properties and "clean up the mess" so to speak. It might be wise (and probably a lot less frustrating! :) ) to simply wait until Yahoo sends you a bill. :)
That is really happen to me now! My site once always ranked NO.1 on Yahoo before I paid $299 to add my site to its directory, but after that, my listing on Yahoo is not the title and description really on my site now, and its ranking began to drop to 100+, how should I going on? Is that all because I paid the money to add it in Yahoo directory?
I'm in two directories and I also pay to sponsor two sites. The latter costs $100/ mo each.
I get virtually no search traffic from Yahoo, where as Google sends me 12,000 per week.
I do get visitors from the Yahoo directory listing. They do buy, so the ROI is OK.
I used to get a lot of Yahoo search traffic. I think that was all Google based. Now I get almost nothing from Yahoo search.
I think they have serious management problems over there. I've called Yahoo 4-5 times to run some paid adverts and the guy has not returned my calls. Maybe Google has them all shook up.