Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: open
With 4 large sites, all have had little or no activity since turn of the year in terms of spidering - no wonder some of the SERPS are looking a little stale.
The main pages still rank well, but only about half the site is indexed now.
Index page cache still showing 6 Jan!
Other parts of the site taken in chunks - say a section of the catalogue at a time. Very unusual. Google normally crawls the index every two or three days.
The log file entry:
18.104.22.168 - - [22/Jan/2005:13:07:37 -0500] "GET / HTTP/1.1" 200 3995 "-" "VM4050/132.037 UP.Browser/22.214.171.124.e.1.100 (GUI) MMP/2.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)"
The IP belong to Google.
Past thread on this topic:
Gbot Running Hard [webmasterworld.com]
Anyone noticing this?
From de 1400 pages content online, I lost the half of it. Still indexed, but no cache, description, title etc.
I can't wait and sit down to wait till it will be fixed so I removed the "lost" links with the G's URL remover.
All went fine, but since my new removal request for another directory (requested at the 19th, this makes me think that G is really broken), there's still nothing to happen. Normally it will be fixed within 24 hours.
I made some new pages with quality content, with a link from the mainpage. Google did picked it up very quick including titles, descriptions etc. etc.
My personal current conclusion, was that I had a to high KW-density. I'll hang around at 10% density now.
FYI: My site is travel related.