Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: open
Three months ago I submitted my site to google. Since then, I am only able to see my URL if I search for my domain. No decription, no cache, nothing. Google is aware of my existance, but the bot won't come by!
The occasional visits from mediapartners-google/2.1 seem to be related to adsense instead of G. I don't get it, my meta-stuff is optimized, my robots.txt is valid and my meta robots tag is set to allow, follow.
Why won't G spider my site?
Any help is appreciated, I will sticky my url if requested.
1) Whilst rare, hosts have banned Googlebot in the past.
2) Incoming links are essential.
3) Second-hand domain names may have been banned due to the previous owner's activities.
4) Invalid markup may cause robots to puke.
5) Overtly hidden text may cause sites to be banned temporarily.
6) Viewing pages with IE and the toolbar (with PR tool etc. enabled) DEFINITELY encourages Googlebot.
It's hard to prove a negative (as you seem to believe) but very easy sometimes to prove a positive and to my satisfaction, the case is proven definitively that Googlebot responds to toolbar data.
I had the same problem last year.
Try to use many spider simulators available on the net.
See if you encounter '403 forbidden' error message while using the simulators
The problem that I had was with the host. No spider / crawler could index my site. So I had to change the host, and it fixed the problem