Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
2. Get listed amongst high-rank pages (at least 7) and get lots of visitors.
3. h1 h2 h3 h4 tags and content content content content content
Im not an expert, but my PR raised three steps (from 4 to 7) in three months...
1) you buy some initial text links for the month or two
2) due to these links you get some PR after the next dance - let's suppose PR6.
3) start link exchange campaign with related websites (with the same or even higher PR). I'm sure that 1 month would be enough for this.
4) when you get enough backlinks from these campaigns - simply stop paying for the initial links.
5) as a result - you should get the same PR of 6 (for example) but without paying any more :)
That's all I suppose :)
Maybe you'll have to pay several hundreds for 2 months of 'paid' links, but it'll save you from the headache and will give pretty good effect pretty soon.
I never even knew you could buy links!
How do you go about doing that?
I've got Brett's tutorial printed out and stapled and it's sitting here on my right!
Also Mack's tutorial!
When you say The Lady stopped dancing, do you mean just temporarily or has She stopped dancing altogether?
Also I would add that the content you write should be written for the human reader not the search engine. While you want the search engine to know what it is about, it is the human that you really want there.
If the humans like it, there is a good chance the search engines will too.
In the olden days it was called "advertising". The economies of newspapers and magazines relied heavily on it.
It's just the same on the Internet. Only the advertisements show a link instead of a physical address.
If you buy links it might be best to buy them for their own ability to send you visitors and then take a possible lift in your PageRank as a bonus. Don't depend on it. It may disappear anytime.