Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
ANY help appreciated!
IGNORE IT. Start a site talking about turtles or whatever species that may share that name ;). Eventually they will offer a decent price.
I just bought the .com where I owned every other single extention and derivative. I had a site growing fast on another extension... And acquiring the .com is massively valuable for me and the future value of this particular venture.
I would have paid $xx,#*$! but ended up offering high $#*$! and paying low $x,xxx. Don't sell out cheap. Tell them you are entertaining other offers of $xx,xxx (be exact if you want) and that you're in no hurry.
1. You have been the owner of a TLD name for a company worth $20 Million.
2. You had this domain years before this company arrived on the scene.
3. You own the .COM domain where as they have a .com.au.
Here's what I'd do if I were in your position (I wish!):
1. Put up a content rich website that is regularly updated.
2. Introduce adsense or other advertising on the website.
3. Put a clearly visible stats meter on the footer (so they'd know what they're missing).
4. Keep declining all offers I get from them until and unless they AT LEAST hit the US$ 50k mark.
Understand this: The fate of their business is partly in your hands -- the hands of a stranger. The moment they realize you won't budge is the moment they will cave in.
And even if they DON'T cave in -- I'd rather have a rich, quality website providing me constant cash flow in terms of advertising money than sell it out cheap because -- what's the point?