Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Maybe your low earnings have something to do with the topic of your site. Is most of your content text or photographs?
And also keep in mind that the people who make $100/day have lots more visitors than you have; 6000 visitors a month isn't a lot.
...so i assume they are coming to look for ...
1. Printhouses and photo restoration companies to make private advertizing deals with
2. Aff. merchants who sell nice accessories for pictures themselves - albums, frames, etc - you get the idea; I'd probably even made a separate page with your favorite accessories and picture frames, people who like photography should get in the mood of buying something nice and small after looking at good shots..
3. Probably each week or so I'd write some really short tips for your best pictures, describing what you did and how and put 3-5 links to best Amazon books with similar tutorials; Imho it would increase CTR on those pages as well as AdSense would show very targeted ads...
4. I might be wrong, but I'd experimented with orange color for the Adsense links to make them stand out more;
5. If you spend a day or so, you could also make nice previews of photos in frames and put an ads of the merchant, dealing with those. In my opinion, you could significantly increase your eranings that way and attract more visitors by making your website look more sophisticated yet clean and topic-oriented.
Hope this helps; those are my general thoughts as I like photography and would visit such site again and again, I know I could definately buy something if I got really impressed with art and site layout.. It gets you in the mood, doesn't it? :)
Adding 2-3 desriptive sentences to each pciture can dramatically increase your CTR and target your Adsense, so if you concentrate on that, you will eventually bring more traffic, people will enjoy browsing your site more and you will make more money from Google. Keep us updated! :)
† Thanks for all the great comments. I have my site so that it autostreches to the size of the browser and the content stays in the middle. I like the look and feel of it as I want to concentrate the attention on the picutres, thus the small text, I have had a few comments from other people (my mum) saying the link text is to small and hard to read, I guess the easier it is for people to navigate a site the longer they will stay, hey?
As for writing articles about things, well I have my blog, which since its inception three months ago has increased my traffic and brought my PR up one point. I continue to blog at least once or twice a week. The longer the blog the better,yes? Would it be a good idea for me to put some of this blog content onto the main site?
Anyways thanks again for all the great comments, lots to work on...