Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: open
Because all of the following have occurred on WebmasterWorld :
- some email contains copyrighted material.
- some email may fall under the scope of non-disclosure agreements.
- some email between businesses and clients or customers may include trade secrets.
- some email based press releases, may appear to be distributable - but are not.
- some email may be under court ordered restrictions.
- some press releases are legally embargoed between two parties (nda again).
- some email is just sneaky ad copy and should fall under spam guidelines.
We have no way of knowing which is and which isn't legally covered by any of the above.
We can't play favorites, and won't try. The only way we can handle it is to disallow any email correspondences from being placed in the forums.
Thank you for your co-operation.
You can almost always get the "gist" of the email across without a direct quote, just like you can almost always get a 10 page term paper out of five pages of original writing with some carefully selected and paraphrased "reference" material... hehe.
If it is a "valid" press release, it will have a web url. Please use that instead of any snippets from a press release.
Some press releases are closed distribution to client lists only and not actually to press members.