Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: open
I believe they have enough inventory, but are showing the top bids rather than rotating ads enough. What I'd like to see is that they register the IP Address or set a cookie, so when a user sees a YPN ad, the first time they get the top bidded ads, but then they start to rotate some of the lesser ones into the mix. A variety of ads helps get users to click.
Although I'm not a fan of Google's smart pricing and various secrecy policies, one thing that was smart of them was to force advertisers to focus on ad copy. If your ad generates more clicks, it should be better rewarded and perhaps cost less than the next guy, since it will generate more revenue. Unfortunately, it appears Google pockets those gains. But if Yahoo passes on the savings, they will gain more pages to YPN from people leaving Adsense.
That being said, something should be done. One possibility (this might actually be done already) is for Y! to log the CTR and rotate on that. The highest paying ads while CTR is included for that site, not others... goes first then down the list. I believe that right now it is just highest paying first and CTR is not included into the formula, or am I wrong on this?
As for my own suggestions:
1) Still need editable Color Palettes.
2) Definately need Direct Deposit.
3) Better targetting (I know, they are working on it.)
4) Better email reponses. I have emailed the YPN team countless of times and have never received any return mail besides the automated number for my ticket. The only time I could get through is by phone, and with Dial-up, that is a pain.
5) I'm not 100% sure what it is, but something has to be done with the reporting categories. They seem too much of a hassle to view, create, etc. I need something easier.
6) I want at least a small hint of how many clicks make up the 'Daily Earnings.'
7) Definately NEED a sitesearch feature which has ads like Google Adsense Search.
8) YPN Links (a Yahoo! version of AdLinks). In fact, Yahoo, I love the 'Find Related Links' button (From Y!Q), if you could just give us THAT with paying us for the clicks on Ads, you would be my hero. You get double love from us then, giving name recognition to your search engine AND getting money from the ads displayed.
At this rate either take care of the problem or give us unlimited adblocking.
Then we'd have the option to
A. opt in by default and select advertisers to disable on our site.
B. To select "premium" only, where advertisers that have been explicitly approved by many other publishers would be checkmarked. Or
C. to opt out by default, where we need to manually approve each and every advertiser.
While this can get complicated and issues would arise, some heavy work in this direction would be original and a direction to developing a true smart pricing where feedback from large groups of people involved in the system can vote.
Plus i cannot seem to get rid of the ftp one, i get errors every time i enter the complete url. If I cannot remove it, I will have to remove the YPN ad units I am experimenting with.
I've got a block of 2 adverts running on the homepage and one interior page of a site, first trying out this program, and the ads couldn't be farther away from the subject matter - for 5/6 days running now. They look so silly, I'll have to pull them altogether.