So I get bunch of gifts for my Honey for being Good this year! A few things come in the mail with separate delivery dates - same order from Macy's, delivered to our name & address.
The first thing that arrives apparently is not up to a par. So while 2 days later we are at Macy's we bring the Item & return slip with us. Give it back at the counter. We get a return receipt. Awesome, took 3 minutes! Put a packing slip and return receipt into a purse and off we go, Happy, to the movies!
That was 3 weeks ago.
Usually those refunds make it into account almost immediately. Me checking the CC statement I don't see a refund today.
Call Macy's and give them an order number from packing slip. They confirm that the have refunded the amount but I don't have it in my account.
Here is what went wrong:
1. Macy's ship the same Item from my Order to us to the right address but place a packing slip from a different order for the same Item into a shipping bag.
2. Me, almost Blind, take the Item and packing slip to the store, in New Jersey, and give it to a Rep at the Counter.
3. Rep just excepts the Item and order # from packing slip.
4. Rep ISSUES a refund for the Same Item to a LADY NAMED DOROTHY who lives in Florida.
5. DOROTHY(In Florida) gets a refund & I get to explain my self to someone on the phone for an hour after which I have to go back to a store and try to explain all ordeal again.
How do I get myself out of this pickle now?
Or taking the End of the Year Spirit into consideration did I buy Dorothy a Gift?