joined:Jan 1, 2002
I adore watching YouTube for clever recipes, or even something as simple as making a decent Reuben sandwich.
Why is it, though, that some people seem to think that their recipe (yes, it is a video for a RECIPE) is enhanced by introducing us to their dog's butt, or to their parakeet?
Some of my pet peeves:
1. I don't CARE if you have cute dogs, I want to know how you chop romaine lettuce.
2. If it takes you 3 minutes to peel an orange, edit it OUT. We "get it".
3. You aren't a video producer, you are showing us a recipe. Skip the psychedelic video editing and get to the point.
4. I don't want to HEAR you EAT! (Your nose breathing is obnoxious!)
5. I don't want to WATCH you eat.
6. Don't tell me I need a $300 knife to cut up some iceberg lettuce.
7. You can't play guitar. No really, you can't.
8a. Don't tell me it "tastes better with low-fat/zero calorie butter." you are lying.
8b. Stop apologizing for using real butter.
9. The background music you chose is annoying at best. (See #3 and #7)
10. Taking FIVE minutes to say "cover your peaches with linen cloth to ripen them faster" is a theft of my time. I want at LEAST 4 minutes and 30 seconds of my life back.