Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: open
Someone has asked me to add music to a video. This is complicated so I will try to be clear.
The video I was sent is a WMV. However, we host the videos remotely using a serve. When I upload to the service, I use their interface to convert the WMV to a FLV.
So, I was thinking, I could convert the WMV on my machine to a FLV using Flash Video Encoder. Then open it in Flash and add a sound layer. However, when I open the FLV in Flash CS3 it only shows as having one frame.
Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I have CS3 Design Premium to let you know what software I have. No Adobe Premiere :(
Thanks in advance
The one frame thing was, I needed to choose the option to embed the video when I imported. That gave me the option of an expanded timeline.
Here is my process:
1. Using Flash Video Encoder, convert .WMV to a .FLV maintain appropriate file quality.
2. Import .FLV into Flash (CS3); follow steps but choose embedded video with expanded Timeline.
3. Adjust stage size and center video.
4. Import Sound to Library.
5. Add layer above Video layer (for the sound).
6. With Sound layer selected, drag Sound from Library and drop it on the Stage.
7. Save Flash file.
8. Using File > Export, save file as a .AVI at the best quality.
9. Import the .AVI to your web-host and Re-Encode as usual.
Yeah! I like it when things work. :)