Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.198.77.172

Forum Moderators: ergophobe

Message Too Old, No Replies

Anyone seeing slow Joomla sites?

     
6:02 am on Jan 4, 2013 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member from US 

10+ Year Member

joined:May 6, 2004
posts: 650
votes: 0


I am looking at a dozen or so sites that I have and have for clients. They are all hosted with the same host.

The frontpage sites I have on that host are fine.

The older Joomla (j 1.5 and 2.5.7 and under) seem ok.

Some of my newer sites are painfully slow in the front end and back end.

I am running j 2.5.8, securitycheck, JCH optomizer and adminexile along with other extensions. THe problems seemed to get really bad in the last week or so.

The host is one of the larger hosts.

Has anyone else had similar problems? I'm going through all of my sites trying to find a common denominator for the sites that are slow.

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

chris
4:35 pm on Jan 5, 2013 (gmt 0)

Full Member from US 

10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 25, 2005
posts: 222
votes: 0


It could be your host folder depending upon how many files or NODES you have could also slow the performance of the server response.. It happend to me over on Godaddy.
11:42 am on Jan 7, 2013 (gmt 0)

New User

joined:Jan 7, 2013
posts:1
votes: 0


Dear Chris,

Some time it happens when you upload more sites on a same hosting with your unlimited domain and hosting plans.

Hosting server provider slow down website for earning more money.

Share your website I'll check it and let you know about the problem.
12:44 pm on Jan 7, 2013 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member from US 

10+ Year Member

joined:May 6, 2004
posts: 650
votes: 0


Thanks for the replies and ideas. I put an extension on that shows the page load times. They were around 30 seconds.

I installed another copy of joomla with the same template in a different folder. That was loading under 10 seconds. I then did a systematic check of all the extensions and found that an seo extension was interacting with the new version of php and one of the other extensions. That particular extension does not auto update.

The newest version of the seo extension solved the problems.

IOW, I found it by disabling all of the non core extensions and then adding them back one at a time.
10:35 pm on Jan 7, 2013 (gmt 0)

Moderator This Forum

WebmasterWorld Administrator ergophobe is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Apr 25, 2002
posts:8219
votes: 122


That's a tough one - even if you profiled on a dev platform, you still wouldn't see it unless all the versions matched. Good catch.
3:49 am on Jan 8, 2013 (gmt 0)

Full Member from US 

10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 25, 2005
posts: 222
votes: 0


Once you get done that is when you really want to test it but for load time between folders on the server should not effect that.

Maybe on the other version you had another app running in the background slowing things down.