Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
Forum Moderators: ergophobe
I am stuck with simple logic in mind and trying to find how this can be implemented.
What i am looking for:
Suppose we have a NEWS section in a website that displays the headings only. when we click on the heading, i should be able to somehow call a page (news page template) along with the detail of the news that is stored in a .txt file. This way, i shall not require to create multiple pages.
Any idea how this can be achived?
...This way, i shall not require to create multiple pages.
Why do you wish to avoid multiple pages? If you want your articles to be found via search engines, multiple html pages are almost essential.
A page is the basic unit of optimization, and multiple pages broaden the possible search targeting of a site.
1. I do not have database structure
2. Server side include can only call an external file within a page - but here i need HREF or Link command that can fetch both a template and a content placed in either html format or .txt
3. I do not require search engines to find my news pages as thats not important. its a corporate website. and secondly i cant keep making pages for every single news!
- the file might be something like /news/mypage.txt
- you could rewrite these to /news/mypage.html or /news/mypage
- then you have an auto_prepend PHP script that parses your news scripts and injects them into your template.