In Google Analytics Site Speed Page Timings tool, I see that the sum of all parameters they provide is way less than the Avg. Page Loading Time in seconds.
For one of may pages, the following is the data provided.
1. Avg. Page Load time: 9.82
2. Avg. Redirection Time: 0.11
3. Avg. Domain Lookup time: 0.19
4. Avg. Server Connection time: 0.19
5. Avg. Server Response time: 0.85
6. Avg. Page download time: 0.27
When I add parameters 2 through 6, the sum is 2.21. But the avg. page load time is 9.82 seconds.
My question is what is taking 7.61 seconds of time? Is it the page rendering to the user after the page is downloaded?