joined:Apr 20, 2017
I wasn't sure where to post, so I apologize if I am -again- in the wrong forum.
I was wondering if we know/can tell, if ad blockers are also blocking affiliate tracking parameters ?
- With uBlock Orgin and Adblock Plus installed, but used separately.
- I am using affiliate links from Commission Junction, Amazon, and eBay Partners Network.
- I create myself an ad, hosting the image/text myself, and handling the redirection link through a PHP script.
- The display of this ad is never blocked.
- When I click on such ad, I correctly reach the target site. I thought uBlock Origin was blocking link redirects when they include particular domain names, especially from CJ, but it seems to work (?!).
But my question is, how can I tell if my affiliate tracking ID is passed correctly, or removed by the ad blockers ?
I tried to study the parameters in the URL's at the target site, with and without ad blockers active but I can't really tell what is what.