Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: werty
I was building a tool in Information Visualization that would aid people using Yahoo Search Marketing to analyze and make decisions while creating their advertisements.
I have a dataset which shows past year's bidding history for different keywords. So for example the keyword "flowers" would have more bidding rate during Valentine's day.
So I wanted to know if such past information would be useful for you while making advertisements, bidding for keywords and targeting geographic locations.
I was using the YSM tool and had few questions related to how you would be making decisions for it:
(1) I understand that the Yahoo tool allows us to enter upto 50 keywords. Once the keywords are entered, we can also ask for "Suggested keywords" which gives some possible keywords that we can enter.
So I would like to know how do you decide the keywords that are to be entered based on the existing features available within the system. Do you think adding any feature would help you make a better decision?
What if you are shown how a particular keyword has performed over the past one year, and its bidding rate at the same "time" last year? The geographic location where more hits came from?
Do you see any other variable apart from time and geographic location that would help you analyze the performance of the the key word you have chosen?
(2) Yahoo Search marketing tool gives a "Suggested minimum bid"? Do you find this tool useful? how do u use it?
What could be useful from the past data that would help you to make a bid for a particular advertisement?
(3) I understand that Ad Quality is important in deciding what position the advertisement gets in ranking?
How do you improve the the Ad Quality. Do you see anything of historical data being important in order to improve the Ad Quality?
(4) The Geo Targeting feature allows to target specific cities or zip codes for marketing advertisments? Do you see this to be useful? How would you use this feature?
(5) What things you consider before finalizing some advertisement for submission? Is there any method to simulate the results? Do you think something like a what if tool would be useful for finalizing the final draft of advertisement?
(6) Is there anything more that you would like to add that I may have missed in the above questions.