Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: open
Since I can view theirs that is a good sign at least, it tells me I should be able to use it once I figure out where my error is. Thank you very much. The link to their example page.
since i "don't know how to spell" asp, i'm not sure if naming it .asp will serve or browse it any differently than naming it .html but it's worth a try...
I finally got their first example working sort of. Turns out their xml file had a bunch of junk in the top that wasn't supposed to be there. But their first example wont work in opera or mozilla. It just keeps loading, and loading and loading with nothing appearing on the page. Works fine in IE. On their second example that is supposed to be better,
var xmlDoc=new XML()
.....they don't say how to use this so I couldn't get it working. I tried putting this between script tags, without script tags, in the head and in the body with no luck. Putting in the full address to note xml of course. If anyone ever tests these and figures it out because they want to know for themselves, please tell me what you did to get them working. Thanks a lot.