Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: phranque
I'm trying to get my new Suse server running and I'm having a fairly large problem with Adobe Contribute. A little history first.
My old web server was running apache (1.3.4 I think) on OS 10.4.11, and Contribute had very few problems with it. I had a regular config file browsing, and a separate config (going to port 81) for Contribute users, going over Webdav for publishing.
Now I've got my apache2 set up and working beautifully, I can connect to my site via Webdav in Dreamweaver and publish, but every time I go into Contribute, I can never publish (get permission denied) and none of my users show up in the Contribute user list (for review, sending email, or administering their account).
In reviewing my server setup, I noticed that the Contribute XML files looked weird when I would (from a command line) "more contribute.xml"...all of the tags were cut off and compressed. But when opening them in emacs, they look fine.
Not sure if that was the issue, I checked out the differences between the old server and the new server and saw that I had a module called mod_encoding. I spent the better part of two days finding a release from a japanese website, compiling it and getting it in place, only to find that browsing to port 81 would give me a white screen and a "Segmentation Fault (11)" in my error log.
Before I waste any more time, I wanted to see if anyone here has run across similar problems, either with Contribute, or just webdav, or whatever. I'm pointing my finger towards Adobe, since Dreamweaver works find with WebDav, but Contribute doesn't.