Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
Forum Moderators: phranque
What I would like to achieve is when server A goes down visitors of the domain would be sent to backup server B but would still have www.mydomain.com as the address.
- I don't want to have this happen in random. IP1 & Server A should be the #1 first choice and ONLY if it is not there should a user go to server B IP2
Now I have tried this with one of my sites using NameServers at eNOM where it resides, but there is No way to set priority for IP 1 / Server A so my guess is that while it works for redundancy purpose it is not good for me if both servers share 50% of the load as I don't have equal resources on both servers. And if no priority can be set thre is no way to know which IP will get the bigger 'half' of the load...
- so anybody have any experience with this?
- besides not being able to use dynamic content are there any other negative effects to having such a setup?
- what would this do to SEO and Google ranking?
- should I try and set the nameservers of the domain to:
Or would that couse some conflicts in DNS?
[edited by: Romster at 9:39 pm (utc) on April 5, 2008]