Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
My computer is a bit older,(about a year) so I only have 512 MB RAM. I felt things were slowing down a bit, so I decided to purchase another 512 MB of RAM to put into the computer.
My question is this. How much of a difference do you think I will be able to feel with the speed and ease of use with the computer once its RAM has been doubled? Will it truly be twice as good, or will it just run smoother, etc...
I had open 8 programs just now, and not a single one slowed down, and they all opened up very quickly. Before, I could only open about 5 AND they all opened really slow.
This is pretty exciting! It's also cool to be able to install your own hardware!
Thanks for all of the help everyone!
1) Defragmenting at least once a week.
2) Reduce the programs loaded at startup.
3) Use low memory usage antivirus ( you can see this at task manager), try different antivirus to see. I can suggest you a good one.
4) Do not install to many applications on one hard disk. For example; You could install games on D:, and other applications on C:. Data such as MP3, movies etc on E:
5) There are other things you can do. (save for next thread :p )
If not, you might not see a difference.
If you have a very low CPU speed, having more memory could be counter productive as well.