Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: LifeinAsia & httpwebwitch

Message Too Old, No Replies

How do you 1099 people outside of the United States?

information on taxes and outsourcing



10:26 pm on Feb 10, 2011 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

If you own a firm and outsource design work or programming to people within the United States, you 1099 them so that they take it upon themselves to pay their own taxes.

So what do you do if you hire a freelance designer or programmer outside of the U.S.? How does the IRS account for the money that you paid them, particularly if you get a 1099/W-2 from the client that is paying you for the project?


1:37 am on Feb 11, 2011 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member wheel is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

there's another form. A W109 or W8 maybe? Something like that. Be careful though, there's like 8 variations of that form. I fill them out sometimes when I sell to US clients.

I would search the forum for this. There was a thread on this very topic with information on the form within the last year.


1:35 am on Mar 10, 2011 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Administrator anallawalla is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member

I have to fill out a W8BEN form for some US based affiliate networks.


10:04 pm on Apr 14, 2011 (gmt 0)

You are responsible to pay the IRS 30% when you outsource - period

Featured Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month