joined:Nov 27, 2003
Dont know, have not checked much the page, will do.
As I see so many errors, did a short text page, just the headers and body etc, just to see result of test, see below.
I dont put the bom, I choosed utf-8 normalizacion c, anyway thats what I read was recomended.
I dont know whats wrong, my code, the w3c test or the host.
I uploaded this small page I just did, only a short text in it:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
Hi this is a test
And the errors I get in W3C mobile ok ckecker are:
1. "The document is served without caching information ("Expires" or "Cache-Control" header)"
Logical, there arent any.
2. "The HTTP Content-Type header does not specify a character encoding and no UTF-8 encoding or a non-UTF-8 is specified in the XML declaration."
This I dont understand, there is a character encoding specified as far as I can see......
3. "The document does not validate against XHTML Basic 1.1 or MP 1.2."
Logical, its html, suppose xhtml is important for mobile devices, no idea.
4. "An HTTP response header that matches the meta http-equiv element exists but their values differ
Triggered by the resource under test:
HTTP header content-type"
Dont understand this either....
5. "The document is not served as "application/xhtml+xml""
Also true, important? no idea
6. " The document uses a non-XML doctype (-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN [w3.org
All this dont know whats important, however number 2 and 4, I think is correct and there is some bug, or I dont get it?