Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 220.127.116.11
Forum Moderators: phranque
I am planning to start a new marketing blog. I have already registered the domain for 3 years. Before I go into details let me give a brief intro about myself.
I am presently pursuing my B.Tech in Computer science in India (equivalent to BS degree in the US) and I am in my final year. I have decided that MBA is the best option for me since I have always been driven to entrepreneurship, finance and marketing. The reason I joined engineering is only because my parents compelled and I find coding and all very difficult.
I do internet marketing which includes affiliate marketing and flipping websites. I have also convinced people to give me job through sites like rent a coder for search engine optimization (I have 1 year experience in SEO). I have made close to 1000$ from the internet in about 8 months and I feel that I should enter the corporate world to be more productive and learn more things with hands on experience.
I also have experience in conducting events in my college and presently I am the placement coordinator of my college.
I read books like outlook business, and other business magazines and blogs. I am very much interested in business and hence I would like your guidance.
Now that you have a little bit knowledge about my profile, let me elaborate. I am looking to go for an MBA which will suit my tastes. I am looking at MBA marketing
I have decided to start a blog to establish myself as an expert in marketing after 3 years when I pass out. Do you think it will work? Is blogging to establish myself possible even with the little knowledge I have?
Why do you consider not to do it now, do you fear any disadvantages? If so, which?
1. It may take too much time off my present course
2. I feel marketing niche is very crowded and going by the "marketing" term which expands to a lot of other options I risk what other bloggers suggest as "niche marketing"
3. I am very much uncertain as to which topics in marketing to blog about. Kinda relates to point number 2 but I am confused. Should I blog about everything that comes under marketing?
The things which i believe I am for starting up is
1. Sooner the better
2. Have close to 400$ left with me. I may spend it if I keep it for another 1 year.
3. I can learn new things way ahead of my marketing course
4. Gain more experience