Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: phranque
Say for example redirection from www.OldBlog.com to www.NewBlog.com
www.OldBlog.com is self-hosted and www.NewBlog.com is also self-hosted.
These are the steps I am going to take:
1. I buy a new domain.
2. Install WP in the new domain from control panel or download and install.
3. Download a backup of all posts from my old domain by logging in my WP account and "exporting".
4. Now I log in my new domain WP account and upload the backup by "importing".
5. I should see all my posts and comments in the new domain.
6. Write the 301 redirect in the .HTACCESS file in the old domain to point to the new domain.
1.Are the steps written above correct?
2.What about the categories? Will the backup itself create the categories OR I need to create categories with the same name before importing the backup in the new blog.
3.Am I missing any other point?