Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: phranque
If you are just starting out, there are a few things to pay attention to. This is not an exhaustive list, but a good starting point.
1. Title tag -- pick your main keyword that describes each page in your site and put it in the Title Tag along with your site name
2. Meta Description -- not as important, but gives you say on what search engines use for your site description
3. image Alt tags -- You want to use keywords, but they have to make sense for the page and what is being said. But they are a great way of getting more text in there
4. Clean Code -- I am not sure how good of a coder you are, but the more concise a coder you are, the better. The smaller the page, the faster it loads.
5. Don't Hide anything -- my rule of thumb is if it's hidden from the customer it doesn't need to be there. Make your site about the customer and you can't go wrong.