Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: phranque
I've started doing an online research about my strongest competitors on the WWW and I'm wondering whether you could give me some basic directions in order to keep my analysis as tight and as simple as possible! Here are the few steps that I've completed up to now:
1) I researched my main competition through WEBCEO (the free version of this software) and it turned to be around 100 sites (altogether strong and weak competitors) that are my direct opponents. So far, so good...
2) Next I decided to make a table in Excel where I put the following information about my competitors:
* Website - the site I incuded in the analysis);
* Google PR of the chosen website;
* Google index - the number of pages that they have indexed in Google
* Yahoo! links - the number of pages that they have indexed in Yahoo!;
* Yahoo! linkdomain;
* Internal links number;
* External links number.
Well, that's how far I've gone. Any suggestion how to procede or what other data I should include in my Excel table? What next? :)
10x a lot!
[edited by: Lilacor at 1:57 pm (utc) on May 28, 2008]
[edited by: Lilacor at 7:35 am (utc) on May 29, 2008]
One way is through using Yahoo! site explorer. Check their backlinks and if there are lots of .blogspot sites, it's pretty likely they are using one of the pay per post blogger sites for links. Normally if they are doing this, they will have other paid links coming to the site as well.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
[edited by: Lilacor at 7:12 am (utc) on May 30, 2008]