Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: bill
When a client logs in the dhcp server assigns a correct ip address, dns addresses and default gateway address.
At least twice per day the client computer will suddenly lose internet connectivity.
Upon the command ipconfig /all ... both dns addresses have changed to the default gateway address!?
If I release and renew all is back to normal. My entire office is having to release and renew at least twice per day.
This happens sporadically and I can't seem to put my finger on what is happening.
1. Is the router bad? I have seen routers, especially linksys go a bit flukey.
2. I have had electical issues mess stuff up. IE voltage drops or heavy loads on lines running alongside network cables.
3. I had one client who had sporadic problems.. Turns out they were putting their laptop transformer right next to their wifi card at times.
4. Check the lease times on the DHCP. Can you set it for one week?
5. I have had situations where the DHCP leases need to be cleared out on the server. I forget exactly how I did it, but old leases were using up all the ips available for leasing.
6. Any IP conflicts? ie. someone coming in with a laptop that is hard wired to one of the dhcp addresses.
7. have you tried rebooting everying including the servers, routers and switches?
good luck with it.