Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: ocean10000
I have to manage around a dozen different web servers at the moment and connecting to them all with IIS management console is a pain in the rear end every morning, does anyone know how to automate this so that they connect when I start up the console?
I found this once on another site, it should fit your needs:
Creating a custom microsoft management console.
1. Go to Start, Run, type "mmc" -> OK
2. File -> Add/Remove Snap-in -> Add -> "Internet Information Services" -> Add -> Close -> OK
3. Right-click Internet Information Services in your mmc window and Select 'Connect'
4. Enter the Server Name.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you have entered all of your IIS servers
6. File -> Save As -> myCustomMMC.msc