Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 35.171.183.163

Forum Moderators: ocean10000

Message Too Old, No Replies

url mappings in ASP.NET 2.0

url mappings causing error page

     
4:02 pm on Jul 11, 2008 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:July 2, 2008
posts:18
votes: 0


I am testing out url mapping on an ASP.NET 2.0 site that only contains a default.aspx and a default.aspx.cs. All it does is displays a couple of messages.

It runs okay if I don't have a Web.Config file and it also runs okay if I just have the default Web.Config that is created for the website in Visual Stuidio 2005.

However, if I add a urlmapping such as:

<urlMappings enabled="true">
<add url="~/test.aspx" mappedUrl="~/default.aspx?tab=test" />
</urlMappings>

I get the following error page.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

What is baffling me though, is that I already have the CustomErrors mode set to 'Off'.
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off" />

Any help would be appreciated because I've come to dead end on this one.

7:52 pm on July 11, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 13, 2005
posts:1078
votes: 0


So, what you need to add is:
<compilation debug="true"/>

<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>

And that will provide the detailed error which you can then post back here.

2:32 pm on July 12, 2008 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:July 2, 2008
posts:18
votes: 0


Unfortunately, exactly the same error message comes back when
<compilation debug="true" /> is included.

I have know come accross this before as I always use this combination to determine what is wrong with sites.

10:08 am on July 13, 2008 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:July 2, 2008
posts:18
votes: 0


Suddenly fixed itself. I suspect the hosting company had it set to 1.1 and have fixed it either manually or automatically. They were of absolutely no help though when I asked then to look into it as they said they didn't support 3rd party scripting when I was questioning whether the problem was with the way that account had been set up.