I'm finally getting close to buying a new laptop, and relatively soon, a desktop, too.
All is going towards MacBook Pro 15", and iMac 27".
I'm on Windows 7 now, with mail on Exchange server, using MS Office, and Adobe CS3.
I thought about:
- get Office for Mac,
- Adobe is subscription based now anyway, or even test some other apps for webmasters,
- Get something like Parallels or VMware so I can still have Windows environment on hand.
Would the above three steps be my best option, or you would do it in some other way?
Some hardware questions:
- Would 16GB be kind of standard for Mac computers today, or 8GB is just fine (I'm on Windows 4GB with no trouble)? I don't do any super graphic work.
- Any advice about CPU configuration (overkill vs. must)?
- Flash drive advice for iMac? I see it's the only option for laptops anyway. I do have Windows Home Server for files.
- Anything else? I know the extended warranty is something many do.