joined:Aug 27, 2008
Any thoughts on how Google would view the following situation?
- you have a site that, as part of its content, contains listings of certain specific nonprofit entities throughout the site (i.e. not concentrated on a "Links" page or anything)
- some of said entities also link to your site, from sub-sections of their own site
- the links were not simultaneous (i.e. you linked to them long before they linked to you, or else they linked to you and then months later you added a link to them) since there was no quid pro quo and the nonprofits mostly don't care if you link to them or not
1) completely disregard these links to your site?
2) dampen the weight they place on these links?
3) treat them the same as any non-reciprocal link?
Would you risk penalties of some sort if a large portion of your links were of this type?
Look forward to people's thoughts...