Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
Forum Moderators: martinibuster
Till now I have learnt that social media sites are very good to generate back links. But normally the way we use social media site for the optimization purpose (just adding links to the site with anchor), I don't think that is going to help in search marketing process.
My question is what should be the exact way that a newbie like me can follow to get some search engine benefits from Social Media sites.
Thanks in advance.
1) Shortlist the social media sites where your link targets hang out.
2) Shortlist your link targets
3) Set a time limit for each site ( else it can become time sink )
4) Track your targets using RSS feeds, Yahoo Pipes, Advanced search, lists, etc
5) Engage first. Help their agenda first .Underplay your own pitching.
6) Review your social returns at least once a month.
Funny thing about social sites is that more you use for commercial reasons, more it will erode your influence.
Aim to build quality relationships via social media - links WILL follow.