Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from

Forum Moderators: open

Message Too Old, No Replies

Thanks for shedding light to a newbie here

10:03 am on Aug 11, 2011 (gmt 0)

New User

5+ Year Member

joined:July 16, 2011
posts: 22
votes: 0

Apologies but don't know if this Q is already been raised here. Just wanted to know what WYSIWYG stand for and what are Text Code Editors. Any valuable info will be greatly appreciated. Tons of thanks :)
10:39 am on Aug 11, 2011 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member beedeedubbleu is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Feb 3, 2004
posts: 6113
votes: 15

In this context WYSIWIG means What You See Is What You Get. In other words a visual editor as opposed to a text editor, which is used to edit the actual code or text.