Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 126.96.36.199
Forum Moderators: open
So I check the Remote Info settings, and everything looks fine. Click the Test button, and it connects perfectly. But then when I try to connect to the remote host for real, I get the following after a couple minutes:
An FTP error occurred - cannot make connection to host.
No response from the server. This may be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- Accessing the server requires firewall settings that aren't properly set. Please verify that the firewall settings in the Site category of the Preferences dialog box are properly set,
and that the Use Firewall option in the Site definition dialog box is selected.
- The server may be accepting only passive mode or only active mode. Toggling the "Use Passive FTP" checkbox may help you establish a connection.
- If you are connecting to an IPv6 enabled server, please select "Use IPv6 transfer mode" checkbox in the Advanced site definition dialog.
- Your local firewall may be blocking the incoming FTP data. Please disable it to see if it makes a difference.
- It is possible your FTP may be using a non-standard FTP port (21). If you need to specify a non-standard port, enter the port number after the host name separated by a colon":"
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!