I have set up a lot of accounts over the years and I have developed a list of things I always do to an account. What are yours?
1. Plan entire account in Excel
2. Create gmail account for account even if you already have one
3. Create account in MCC and add above gmail account to it
4. Add credit card
5. Create first simple campaign with one ad group, one keyword, and one ad in AdWords Editor and post it
6. Set up Google Analytics if not already set up.
7. Connect AdWords with Analytics
8. Create at least one retargeting audience in analytics for all users.
8. Make sure auto tagging is on
9. Set up the planned account with data from planning in AdWords Editor.
10. Set all campaigns to accelerated delivery method.
11. Connect AdWords with Google Console (set up Google Console if it is not set up)
12. Connect Google My Business if you are going to use locations
13. Double check everything before posting for errors