In the past I've had little to no success with the Display Network. I'm not an advanced user, but I do have some knowledge that I avoid some beginner mistakes.
Would anyone be kind enough to review my strategy to promote a site that offers an email solution for commerce?
- Separate Campaign for Display Network
- Excluding gmail.com & myspace.com (any others?)
- Creating small (10-15) keyword clustered AdGroups
I know I can go as high as 50, but at that point, I seem to get some very strange results. Do plurals matter? Different word orders (email marketing, marketing email)
- Enabling Automatic Placement
- Adding Topics
- Enabling Remarketing
- Reviewing automatic placement after 2 days to find relevant sites, exclude non relevant
- Use managed placement tool to find other relevant sites
- Stop using automatic placements (is this wise?)
I'm also curious about the "topics" tab. Is there a way to ONLY target those topics? Such as, keep automatic placements but only display on sites I denote in topics?
Thank you for your time and expertise in advance. I am wary of the Display Network because, as you know, you can waste a lot of budget fast. But I need to find new avenues to get impressions as we're dealing with such a niche market.
I look forward to hearing from you.