Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.104.22.168
I thought it would be good to integrate them into one, and make life easier for AWA, for the good of all of us.
From now on, I would call on everyone to post here, so we get the consolidation in place.
An Open Plea to Google to Keep the Old Interface Alive
Google rolling out new UI today
Forced onto New Adwords Interface
Firstly, it's clearly much slower than the old interface in most respects. I've disable graphs to try and speed up page load times.
Some of the more useful features of the old interface have been removed (some unintentionally by the looks of it):
1. When you'd finished creating a new Ad Group you used to have the option to "Save the ad group and create a new ad group". This was really handy when working on larger campaigns. It's no longer available via the new interface.
2. If you have an Ad Group containing multiple keywords then you can set the CPC for each keyword manually. If you wanted to change these bids at a later date (for example, to set them all to the default bid for the entire Ad Group) then the old interface allowed you to enter a value for one keyword and copy it across into all selected keywords.
It looks like an attempt has been made to retain this functionality in the new interface but it simply doesn't work (I've tried it using both IE and Firefox).
3. A display problem. If you're in the UK then you currently get shown a bid of 28 pence displayed on screen as UKú0.28. Why the need to include "UK" in this instance? It's just adding to the clutter on the screen.
4. Filter and views. We're not given the option to choose whether or not to see a number of columns. This is annoying. If you're running a search-only campaign then you don't want to see the Content Auto Max CPC column against every keyword, but there's no option to remove it.
5. If you go into an Ad Group and choose to look at ads but then click back to see the Ad Group overview screen (within that particular campaign) then you now see every ad for every Ad Group throughout that entire Campaign. Annoying. Why would anyone want to see this ever?
6. Creating new ads. When creating new Ad Groups, the ad text in your ad defaults to the first ad within the entire campaign, rather than the last ad that you edited.
That's what I've spotted so far. This morning it took me 3 hours to do some tasks that would usually take around 30 minutes :-(
Am I blind or are the tools simply not available for all accounts in the new interface? That would be weird indeed...
I found a spreadheet edit and started managing a lot of bid increases that way by doing search/replace.
I can;t do this anymore...
[keyword] ** 3.52 ** http://example.com/keyword-landing-page.html.
But it looks like I can do it in adwords editor if comma or tab delimited like this...
So, I'm entering, entering, checking the list in Excel spreadsheet, going back, entering, and so on. Sometimes it helps to do things manually, word by word, as you catch stuff and learn you would never do with working in bulk.
Then, I figure "the interface" is not complaining about duplicates like the old one - at all. I test, and good enough I was able to enter same keyword twice, which would promptly get saved and shown in the list, one after another.
Aaaaaaaaaaa ...Waaaaaaa (I mean AWA)! Heeeelp! Please.
I sent feedback immediately.
Can we get "Get an overview of the new interface."
I think this 'microsite' will give you a good overview:
Welcome to the New AdWords Interface
go away? Optional?
To be very straightforward, I do not foresee the new interface going away, nor do I foresee making it optional and running both the new and the previous interface simultaneously.
Or, were you asking me if I would go away? :)
But that's just a bit of venting....
1) Why show the Quality Score as a fraction like 9/10? Simply showing your QS as a digit (better still 2 digits!) would make for a much easier read as you try to scan down the columns. Surely we all know the high end of the range by now.
2) Seems on the old interface I could see more than 100 Keywords a page when viewing the Keyword Tab. I recall it was 500 before though I hardly had quite that many in an adgroup. Guess if it was more than 100 per page now, I'd be looking at "Loading" even more.
3) Speaking of Tabs - they have their uses in helping avoid screen clutter, but it would sure be nice to see the Ads on the same screen as the Keywords like we used to.
I could go on......
I must say that thanks to the new Adwords interface I fell in love with the Editor =))
idolw, I can almost guarantee you that once you're closely familiar with Adwords Editor the new interface will also be much more intuitive to you as they are very similar in how they work. It's crazy to me that some people are complaining about Adwords and not even using sophisticated tools like AE that are readily available to them...
Anything else -- from anyone?
AWA - the new bid simulator tool...it would be very helpful if it also showed a column for ICC, since you have to calculate this manually anyway to make use of the information.
Edit: One more thing - is it really necessary to have the many per click conversions show by default everywhere? The vast majority must be using 1-per click conversions? For those the many per click numbers are just extra clutter, so I don't think it should be shown by default
Unfortunately, this week, I am running so far behind that the report will not go out at all - for the first time in a very long time.
That said, I will pass your comments along directly to the right team, and/or include them in next week's report.
Thanks very much for taking the time to note your thoughts.