Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
I'll target a bunch of domains, enter a super high max CPM, and after 1-2 weeks my ad is lucky to be shown on half of them. Is there some way to speed up the process, or other factors that would be preventing my ads from being shown?
A related problem is that even once my ad does start appearing on a certain site, it may stop showing for a few days or a week, and then start showing again.
No matter how high I set my max CPM I can't seem to get my ads to show reliably all the time. Is this normal?
The guy did mention that it might be a landing page quality issue but I don't think that's the case since my CPC Content network traffic has increased.
Anyone else have any ideas?
One quick thought... Are you guys also running CPC ads on content that could be "competing" with the placement ads? I went into my CPC campaign and blocked the URLs that I have on placement as a test. Perhaps they are conflicting with each other.
Here's my theory on this. Perhaps Google looks at your campaigns and decides to serve the CPC ad instead of the CPM ad, but then... the CPC ad is outbid by the other advertisers.
Site owners blocking you is always a possibility, but in this case I'm talking about 100+ domains and there's no way they have all blocked me.
I guess I'll also try blocking all these domains in my other campaigns and see if that does anything ...
The only other thing I can think of is that the ads aren't showing because Google thinks the landing page is not appropriate or doesn't have a high enough quality score ... but I don't really think that is the case. In most cases my site is extremely related to the domains I'm trying to get my ads on.
Cut out the middleman (The Big 'G') and go straight to the site owners for banner ad deals. The CPM will be lower since Google isn't taking their cut AND the traffic will be measurable and dependable.