Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 22.214.171.124
So, my wife has naturally started talking about it to co-workers and any time it comes up in conversation. This week alone she has me meeting with two doctors who want to start Paid Search Campaigns for Google, and i am expecting a call from someone who wants me to do overall SEM for a vintage clothing site.
My question is, what the heck do i charge?
I know next to nothing about what a person with my experience level and my track record thus far should charge. I have experience in Adwords and i've shown great results thus far. I've been link building for about two years and seem to have a system not many competitors have that has worked very well for us. I'm just getting into page optimization, but my first instinct is usually a great step in the right direction.
Does anyone have any advice as far as what i should charge? The doctor i'm meeting with tomorrow wants to do a $500/mo budget to start. I will be very targeted in my approach, and i'll also be doing link building for him. I don't think i'll be doing SEO yet because his site is in flash. BTW, how difficult is it to optimize for google on flash sites?
I would appreciate any and all comments.
Flat fee him 250 a month first month setting up the account and 100 a month to watch and monitor the campaign.
Flash is complete garbage in SEO Good luck on that I wouldn't want to work on flash. The engines are getting better on them but still tough to get them in anything.
1. Decide how much money you want to make each month.
2. Decide how many hours you want to work each month.
3. Divide desired money by desired hours worked. For examples $10,000/120hours = $83.33/hour. Multiply that number by 1/3rd for good measure. 83.33 * 1.33 = $110.83/hour.
4. Figure out how to provide that much VALUE to your customers. (Kind of sounds like you know how. Also...figure out ways to automate/streamline/outsource your work so that you can be more efficient with your time.)
5. Get enough customers to make your desired income a reality.