Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.167.85.221

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Ad Unit Just Disappeared

     

avalon37

9:51 pm on Dec 26, 2013 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



Has this happened to anyone else? I created an ad unit for one of the more well known fashion brands in the world. And it lives on a page for this brand. As I started looking at performance the last 30 days, I noticed that this ad unit has just disappeared from the "My Ads" area. Every other ad unit I can still find. When I go to my page and check the source code, ads are appearing and referencing this ad unit. So I ran a performance report for the last 60 days and I see where impressions essentially just ended for this ad unit almost a month ago. So AdSense is saying there have been very impressions lately - which is impossible.

I just created a new ad unit and re-tagged the appropriate page. My question is how did this ad unit disappear? Anyone else experience this before? Never a message from AdSense. Odd + it cost me lost earnings.

avalon37

10:49 pm on Dec 26, 2013 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



Forgot to mention that the ad unit was created back in February and had been live until recently without issue for 9-10 months.

Lame_Wolf

12:02 am on Dec 27, 2013 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member lame_wolf is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



It's happened to me with link units. In the end I removed them. No point in having the code on the page if they were no longer going to display. Shame, because they were one of my best performing channels.

avalon37

10:23 pm on Dec 28, 2013 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



So after putting a new ad unit on this page, Google "shut it down" again within days. What I mean, is that Google still shows the ads, collects the money from the clicks and give me nada. Because in my reporting and "my ads" section this ad unit does not exist. Odd that I never got a message saying that ads on a page with content they have flagged for some reason is not allowed versus them allowing ads to run - and Google profiting 100% with no cut to me.

So I pulled all ads from the page.

netmeg

10:42 pm on Dec 28, 2013 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member netmeg is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



Are you sure it isn't "hidden" ? Did you try looking for it with the hidden filter off?

avalon37

1:36 pm on Dec 29, 2013 (gmt 0)

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month



The first ad unit that ran for 10 months or so cannot be found - not even by selecting the hidden filter. The new ad unit I created to for this controversial (in Google's eyes) page, showed impressions the first day I tagged the page. And since then shows no ad requests - which is impossible since GA numbers show a very different story and I visited the page from a variety of devices.

Essentially, Google has "banned" a specific page, but just isn't telling me about it and they are profiting from the clicks. So again, I just removed all ads from the page.
 

Featured Threads

Hot Threads This Week

Hot Threads This Month