Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 188.8.131.52
• Improve user experience
• Increase user engagement
• Revamped landing page with simplified design
• Grouped, highlighted affiliate links,related content
• Made product ratings, reviews stand out
• Reorganized AdSense ad units
• Used Google Analytics to conduct A/B test
• 171% increase in on-site interactions
• 21% more clicks on affiliate links
• 50% lift in AdSense revenue
However, I believe if you are running a website covering a certain industry (any industry) than it does add a lot to your credibilty if you actually are supported by the major players of that industry.
A) Alexa does not mean anything. Nor does Compete, Quancast or any other of the "traffic reporting" sites.
I'm still flabbergasted that you can't see most of the site without registering.
I did a G search for askthebuilder, there it was.
the first page I checked had adsense, amazon, chitika, and a banner ad.
...instead of learning from them and applying it to other areas being neglected in the AdSense
[edited by: martinibuster at 1:44 pm (utc) on Mar 23, 2013]
Ah, yeah, like top companies have a army of people who just search out good websites to work individual contracts with that they then have to manage after that? Because you know, they want to spend 100s of hours of manpower on that.