That's pretty cool. What's your ballpark revenue to get them to offer that?
Questions I would ask:
1) Does your account get flagged in any way for having your AdSense code on 100+, 500+, 1k+ sites, if at all? Is it ever a factor? If so, what?
2) I would take them to one of my sites and ask how compliant my ad placement was and if I can blend more or should blend less.
3) Does blending too much result in invalid clicks in some way? And again, what's too much or too little? (I know use common sense, just looking for specific examples)
4) I had a lot of direct ad placements up until October of last year when (coincidentally, I'm sure - right?) the old interface was shut down. The next day, all my advertiser's direct placements on my sites disappeared and have never returned. What are some of the more attractive things to put in those fields to get seen by advertisers for direct placement ads?
5) Do you guys laugh at how YouTube "partners" strut around making a big deal that they're a "PaRtNeR" (cough approved for an AdSense account cough) and think they're hot shots with their $2-$5 ecpms?
I'm still recovering from the brow-beating I took on my last "consultation call." Had I taken their advice, I would have been Pandaized into oblivion - more ads, bigger ads, above the fold, etc. No, no, no, no, no.
I appreciate that Google is offering a pilot “phone support” opportunity, however requesting that I fill out a form and wait up to 72 hours to get an appointment that must happen M-F is an interesting approach to “phone support”.
I have flown solo for many years and believe I have a reasonable and working understanding of the AdSense program.
Perhaps I should schedule and ask what I can ask and what the representatives can actually share with me?
Impossible to know everything and keeping an open mind is an asset…
Listening doesn't mean you agree with or follow the guidance you receive...it just means you took the time to hear another perspective. It could very well serve to reconfirm what you already think or know.