joined:May 29, 2003
Clipped for about 0.377 % for March.
It has never been above 1% for me.
It is shocking to hear about the larger numbers being reported here.
Is it -
- Poor content,
- Specific content? - Poor traffic, poor traffic sources?
(Bolded for netmeg, post below)
- Poor ads? (bad targeting, crummy ads)
- Number of ads? (way too many, dilution)
- Type of ads? (image ads produce "phony" clicks)
- Bad luck? (could be, but that's not all of it)
- I'm just a good guy/gal? (I don't think so.)
- Advertisers who did not "pay up"?
- Enemies that click-bombed you?
- Arbitrary devaluation of clicks, due to flaky logic?
- Artificial intelligence run amok?
- The crunch time imperative? (Profits MUST continue upward, in spite of underlying conditions, such as saturation, growing ad blindness, etc.)
We really need to construct a theory about this, in order to give ourselves guidance. I don't think G is going to help us out on this one - could be too revealing.
There is no stopping us from speculating, about something that is SO
important. 10%? 20%? EGADS!
The borg giveth, the borg taketh away.
Keepeth thy nose clean, but how?
[edited by: Sally_Stitts at 6:31 pm (utc) on Apr 6, 2012]