Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.206.48.142

Forum Moderators: martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Why did AdSense CPC go so high for India-Pakistan?

Since last two month, the adsense rates are very very high..

     
1:51 pm on Jul 30, 2011 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 9, 2008
posts: 59
votes: 0


Since last two month, the adsense rates are very very high in Sub-cotenent. Can anybody tell is this is for India-Pakistan or whole of the world? and why the rates are high, I think now a days TV advertisement and Print advertisement is too costly, so the advertiser are shifting to adsense?

Thanks in Advance..
4:42 pm on July 30, 2011 (gmt 0)

Full Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Oct 12, 2005
posts: 262
votes: 0


What do you mean by AdSense rates are high?
4:45 pm on July 30, 2011 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from FR 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member leosghost is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Feb 15, 2004
posts:7139
votes: 412


Presumably the OP means adwords ..not adsense
5:00 pm on July 30, 2011 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Mar 27, 2010
posts:423
votes: 0


@Knowledge seeker

Are you trying to say AdSense gives publishers low percent of actual ad income?
If you mean AdWords, then it's probably seasonal increase...
7:25 pm on July 30, 2011 (gmt 0)

Full Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Sept 14, 2010
posts: 205
votes: 0


Or perhaps the OP is saying that AdSense CPC is high in India and Pakistan?

If so, I haven't seen this myself. It's as low as ever :)
12:26 am on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 9, 2008
posts:59
votes: 0


I mean to say that Cost Per Click value is high. I think it should be clear now.
10:22 am on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Full Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Sept 14, 2010
posts: 205
votes: 0


Yep, is clear now :)

Hmm, as I say, it's not something I've personally seen (India are amongst the lowest CPC)

If you look at 'bid types', have you seen a rise in (say) targetted ads? As in, perhaps an Indian and/or Pakistani advertiser is targetting your website for ads? That might lead to a rise in CPC.
10:33 am on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 9, 2008
posts:59
votes: 0


Yes, Now-a-days ads are 100% targeted, CPC is high for Traditional brides clothes, Kids wear, undergarments, gemstones, surgical, medicine, online match for singles, and 80% advertisement comes from Local to my websites, Thanks to Google shifting the Local advertiser to website ads.
12:36 pm on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

joined:June 3, 2007
posts:6024
votes: 0


Welcome to 2004-2006 and prepare for 2010-2011 :-)
1:43 pm on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member

joined:Sept 29, 2010
posts: 1258
votes: 0


India and Pakistan are always low for me.
3:52 pm on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Mar 27, 2010
posts:423
votes: 0


@Knowledge seeker

What language is your website content?
8:57 pm on July 31, 2011 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 9, 2008
posts:59
votes: 0


60% of my Website Contents are in English and remaining 40% is in Urdu Language, which is only language, most of Afghan, Pakistani, Indian and Bangladeshi people speak and read.
12:29 pm on Aug 7, 2011 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:July 24, 2002
posts:62
votes: 0


@KS, now that you mentioned it, roughly 25% of my traffic comes from India and I also saw an increase in Adsense CPC.

Could this be about something seasonal in India?
12:50 pm on Aug 7, 2011 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Apr 1, 2006
posts:1536
votes: 0


Google is advertising very heavily in India and pushing adWords very strongly with free coupons and all. There are big ads in all major online newspapers. They also seem to be giving some good deals to advertising companies and offering them training / information etc. I have recently read many publications pushing for adWords as a good way to track results and measure ROI. Must be having a cumulative effect as competion pushes prices upwards.

That said, my EPC is around 5 - 8 cents per click ( for India traffic), which is not really good. maybe I am in the wrong niche.
 

Join The Conversation

Moderators and Top Contributors

Hot Threads This Week

Featured Threads

Free SEO Tools

Hire Expert Members