Hi Webmasters, this is not good. One cheque was stolen and actually whoever is behind this was able to get the money from the bank, clearly not using my account. This is not a "hacked Adsense account", it shows that cheques can be used by someone else even that the paper has my name (yours in your case) and according to the "rules" can only be deposited on an account with the same name. Details:
- I live in Central America and receive payments via cheque, EFT is not available.
- The cheques arrive directly to my house via standard delivery every month.
- I didn't get any cheque on August 2010
- I posted a thread here and received great feedback. I asked Adsense for another cheque after the 60 days period according to their help guide. I sent an email and also filled the form, I received no confirmation on my mail
- Today I received an automated message stating they cannot help as the cheque appears as received and paid on their system. I would love to get some human to help me on this (I know I probably won't get any human help).
- I would love to receive the details as on what bank account did the cheque go. Adsense must have this kind of data but before doing anything I decided to share this here and see other ideas first.
- I guess the mail service is liable on this.
I receive my cheques like any other mail at my house. After NOT receiving this august cheque I waited to see if it was delayed. Then I got the NEXT cheque but this time it was not ordinary mail delivery, it was "certified", and it requires the mail to be delivered to me and to sign as received. Strange huh?
. Then the next cheque came normally as every other cheque I received by mail.
The stolen cheque is one thing, but being able to take the money out is something worse. I have my payments on hold and I plan to give Western Union a try, but I also see this as not secure after this experience. My other plan involves traveling and creating a bank account on a country that allows EFT and then make the switch of pub ids on my sites.
#1. My account appears fine, every code (pub ids) on my websites are fine. I access my account at home only.
#2. No, my account doesn't even allows changing country, for what I read mostly EEUU accounts can change it, not most of us outside EEUU.
#3. The good thing about #2 is that nobody can "hack" and change my details as others have complained.
I never had this kind of problems along this years with Adsense. Please share your ideas and advice.