Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 50.17.114.227

Forum Moderators: incrediBILL & martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Adsense Site Diagnostics Question

blocked URL report

     
1:58 am on Nov 24, 2009 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Dec 22, 2003
posts: 55
votes: 0


Site Diagnostics is showing blocked URL like this
http:/ / translate. googleusercontent. com/ translate_c? hl= en&ie= UTF-8&sl= en&tl= th&u= http:// www.example.com/page.htm&prev= _t&rurl= translate. google. com&usg= ALkJekrudkoruerhi6mAHVLzRZgUOUSVmO

Any Idea what this is really saying?

[edited by: martinibuster at 5:21 am (utc) on Nov. 24, 2009]
[edit reason] Examplified URL. Example.com, it's what's for examples. ;) [/edit]

7:09 am on Nov 24, 2009 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 1, 2003
posts: 392
votes: 0


A user viewed your site with the Google translator.

Adsense tried to show ads, with your publisher id, on the translated page which is on the domain googleusercontent.com.

The ads were blocked because googleusercontent.com was not in your "allowed sites" list.

8:03 am on Nov 24, 2009 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Aug 11, 2009
posts: 167
votes: 0


Is there a good way of resolving this issue? So that the translated page shows ads?

I never really bothered, because there were so few occurrences, but then I read:

"Please also keep in mind that this report is not exhaustive"

Does that mean that the blocked URLs list is only a short summary... and that I may be missing more than the ~100 reported pageviews/week?

8:39 am on Nov 24, 2009 (gmt 0)

Moderator This Forum from US 

WebmasterWorld Administrator martinibuster is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Apr 13, 2002
posts:13969
votes: 121


Does that mean that the blocked URLs list is only a short summary... and that I may be missing more than the ~100 reported pageviews/week?

Close your AdSense Control Panel. Open up your favorite log file analyzer, Google Analytics, or whatever you use to track visitors to your site. Check your traffic stats for how many visitors come from other countries. Also check your referrer stats because it will show you how many of your visitors came from Google Translate.

Is it significant? How many of those visitors are coming from countries/languages that are less developed and thus do not have a competitive CPC? It's possible you will find that only a fraction of a percent come from countries that might need translation, and of those countries many of them are less developed than North America and Western Europe and thus not profitable to worry about.

Those are the questions that will lead to the answers that will help answer your original questions. Those answers are found in whatever analytics you use. ;)

8:57 am on Nov 24, 2009 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Dec 22, 2003
posts:55
votes: 0


Thanks robho, your explanation did the job for me.
Getting visitors from China that are translating. About .5% of the total. That is why I love this forum.
8:58 am on Nov 24, 2009 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Aug 11, 2009
posts:167
votes: 0


Thanks for the reply. Feel kind of like an idiot... should have checked analytics referrals before posting that question.

I'm at less than 2000 views a month through Google translate.

12:51 pm on Nov 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 3, 2006
posts: 471
votes: 0


My Site Diagnostics show nine pages of "blocked urls."

There are several pages showing links for translations. The reason given for the translate pages is "Robots.txt File," which has recently been removed.

Since it was removed, the reason given is "Not Found."

I note that most of the "Not found" urls are those used before the site was redesigned and launched. My web developer did loads of redirects.

Could it be that more redirects are needed?

2:18 pm on Nov 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

5+ Year Member

joined:Dec 30, 2006
posts:86
votes: 0


I added 'google.com' and 'googleusercontent.com' to my allowed site content to include any revenue made through translate.
8:55 pm on Nov 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from AU 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Aug 22, 2003
posts:1943
votes: 91


I added 'translate.googleusercontent.com'
10:55 pm on Nov 27, 2009 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Mar 4, 2003
posts:446
votes: 1


I have situation similar situation with translate. googleusercontent. com but it gives reason blocked as Robots Txt file.
Isn't this saying that the adsense bot can't crawl the page. In other words nothing to do with allowed sites.
4:47 am on Nov 28, 2009 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Apr 29, 2005
posts:1870
votes: 41


I get the same message as the OP and the reason given is robots.txt. But I don't have a robots.txt file on that site.
7:19 am on Nov 28, 2009 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 5+ Year Member

joined:May 9, 2007
posts:1362
votes: 0


I see dozens of pages from googleusercontent.com and also from various local flavours of the google search engine. The reason given is always robots.txt.

YES, you geniuses at the Plex, I do admit that I do not have access to these properties and thus can not fix that robots.txt problem reported in the site diagnostics. I suggest that you query one of the popular WHOIS services to find out who might be able to fix the problem! (Hint: He or she may be sitting closer to you than you probably think.) ;-)

Seriously, Google should filter at least their property from those "site diagnostics" reports; all these fake alarms make the feature useless. And no, it can't be that difficult to implement.