Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 54.152.38.154

Forum Moderators: martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Percentage of fees?

     
3:01 am on Apr 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:Mar 26, 2008
posts: 16
votes: 0


I'm curious how Adsense determines the percentage of the fee the advertiser pays Google for what is paid to the site owner carrying Adsense ads? For instance, if an advertiser pays $5.00 per click for an ad, and my site carries the ad, and one my users clicks on the ad, what part of the $5.00 do I get?

Is there any formula to determine this? Or is it secret?

Thanks!

6:17 am on Apr 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Mar 4, 2005
posts:1161
votes: 0


You get about 75% and they get the other 25%, I think. If you look at their sales reports for stock holders, you get better details on what they really pay out, as far as %.
7:03 am on Apr 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 11, 2006
posts:1492
votes: 0


It's secret.

Deanjg:
I would tell you except they know where I live. They know everything.

3:10 pm on Apr 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Feb 13, 2008
posts:827
votes: 0


If you're happy with what you're getting, why does it matter? If you're not happy, then look into other options. What matters is the bottom line.
5:12 pm on Apr 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from GB 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member graeme_p is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Nov 16, 2005
posts: 2938
votes: 188


spaceylacie,

The problem with working backwards from their financials is that I seem to remember that they have given some large sites special deals. If so the rest of us must be getting a significantly lower percentage than the average calculated that way.

5:18 pm on Apr 1, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

joined:Oct 27, 2001
posts:10210
votes: 0


Why make things complicated? The answer is simple: Google doesn't reveal the percentage split, so--as purplecape points out--what matters is the bottom line.
5:01 am on Apr 2, 2008 (gmt 0)

Junior Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 2, 2008
posts:110
votes: 0


I would imagine larger websites get a bigger cut of the profits they generate.
5:23 am on Apr 2, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from GB 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member graeme_p is a WebmasterWorld Top Contributor of All Time 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Nov 16, 2005
posts:2938
votes: 188


There is one reason I can think of for wanting to know: knowing the rate advertisers are paying may be useful in terms of pricing ads to sell directly. Not that you would sell at the same rate, but any intelligence is potentially useful.
5:52 am on Apr 2, 2008 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

joined:Oct 27, 2001
posts:10210
votes: 0


All the more reason for Google not to reveal that information.
 

Join The Conversation

Moderators and Top Contributors

Hot Threads This Week

Featured Threads

Free SEO Tools

Hire Expert Members