Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 18.206.168.65

Forum Moderators: martinibuster

Message Too Old, No Replies

Google Ad Sense Placement

     
10:43 pm on Apr 27, 2007 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:Apr 5, 2007
posts:2
votes: 0


my home page is <removed> I was wondering if anyone would suggest a better placement, size, color, or location so I could increase my revenue.

[edited by: jatar_k at 1:27 am (utc) on April 28, 2007]
[edit reason] maybe you could describe your layout [/edit]

10:54 pm on Apr 27, 2007 (gmt 0)

Preferred Member

10+ Year Member

joined:Nov 25, 2005
posts:392
votes: 0


From Webmasterworld Terms of Usage and Conditions of Service

Please do not drop promotional urls, signature files, nor specifics that would lead people to your site.
11:05 pm on Apr 27, 2007 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 8, 2002
posts:993
votes: 0


Hi and welcome to WebmasterWorld. As you go forward here, you should take a moment to review the TOS which prohibit including links to our sites. Probably one of the moderators will edit your post to eliminate these references.

That said, I did take a look at your site. You have problems. First and foremost, your home page requires a scroll to the right viewing it on IE 7. Before anything else, I would correct this problem. A majority of people, I think, are still using a fixed width of no more than 800px. A liquid layout is OK if you know how to do it.

Secondly, placing Adsense on a links page is highly unlikely to bring any clicks. If you're serious about using adsense, I would suggest that you take a look at the Adsense heat map. Click on Help on the Adsense site and do a search for "heat map".

4:26 am on Apr 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:Apr 5, 2007
posts:2
votes: 0


so if I understand what you are saying put %'s instead of pixel length?

I am not trying to gain revenue by putting a link to my site I am trying to get constructive criticism, that's not promoting a site lol. Besides a few clicks from people here means absolutely nothing for revenue compared to what would result from ads being optimized which was what I was looking for.

4:31 am on Apr 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Nov 1, 2002
posts:1834
votes: 0


Secondly, placing Adsense on a links page is highly unlikely to bring any clicks.

Depends a whole lot on the nature of the "links" page, don't you think? Granted, one named links.htm with a mish mash of unrelated sites is unlikely to accomplish much. However, one with a bit of text giving context to a set of organized and themed links might do quite well.

WBF

6:18 am on Apr 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

New User

10+ Year Member

joined:Aug 30, 2004
posts:39
votes: 0


Regarding the comment about screen area width. A quick review of my stats revealed that only about 10% of visitors still use the 800x600 screen size. About 50% use 1024x768. And a bit chunk of visitors use even larger areas. I assume the screen area used to visit our sites, is typical.
7:22 am on Apr 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

Senior Member from GB 

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member Top Contributors Of The Month

joined:Apr 29, 2005
posts:2102
votes: 118


Those stats are similar to mine. I was doing a redesign of one of my sites recently and have gone with a central 900 width of page. The 10% of 800 x 600 users are dwindling fast so why restrict what 90% can do for the sake of inconvenience to the remaining 10%?
7:08 pm on Apr 29, 2007 (gmt 0)

Senior Member

WebmasterWorld Senior Member 10+ Year Member

joined:Jan 8, 2002
posts:993
votes: 0


Just to put a fine point on this, I was not referring to browser width, but design width. I agree that most are browsing using 1024 x 768.