Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
It seems I've racked up quite a few pages of notes and would definitely like to get some qualified feedback on them. You know, come to think of it I was at my favorite Japanese Sushi bar here in Nashville and had my own little Pub-Con with some of the locals. Then I quickly averted took them from the 1,000 foot level up to the 100,000 foot level of SEOR (Search Engine Optimization Relevance) and the value of it today and the future.
So here we go:
After having been in this industry some 30 years, we feel we're experts. When we speak, we speak with authority. Therefore, wouldn't it further solidify our position with all members in the market by syndicating this relevant data? We can use this syndication, knowledge and authority to create a professional network.
We'll syndicate such things as:
1. In Broad brush terms why you should buy a certain type of home accessory, then get more specific into the products and their details
2. New Product Reviews
3. Seasonal Updates and managing the equipment accordingly
4. Energy Savings Standards
6. Syndicate product specific blogs
7. When it's time to think about the upcoming change of season
8. Oddly enough, why not syndicate repair information. (Letís say there's a sudden flash freeze in Hawaii and people are scrambling on what to do, not to worry we've got it covered with our RSS. Not that it would ever do that in Hawaii but I don't want to give away our industry.
9. News isn't just about scores and wars. It's also telling people about the good things, the good products in life that make life more enjoyable.
10. Because of the size of our site, I thought of using different feeds based upon product category. But even that seems a bit too limiting. What if someone doesn't know what category their particular type of product is in....But the one thing they do know is the manufacturer, and then we can funnel them down to the correct feed. It's kind of like say it, say it and say it again, right.
Anyway, I'm looking at this from the 100,000 foot level because for our industry I think there is a lot of low hanging fruit on this tree. So all of my RSS pro's your feedback on my thoughts about this would be appreciated, as the RSS is just a spoke in my new business model that will compliment our existing business.