Welcome to WebmasterWorld Guest from 184.108.40.206
Forum Moderators: goodroi
joined:Sept 26, 2001
Solution: I removed "vscooter" from robots.txt and banned it in .htaccess without the starting anchor (^); due to the other preceeding UA stuff. The other "scooter" now does not see anything resembling the word "scooter" in robots.txt so it goes on and crawls my site.
Disclaimer - this is how I have successfully dealt with the issue. Others may have alternate approaches or not even have had the problem in the first place.
Yea, I felt that way prior to the ‘update’. Now I want them indexed so that it is a few more places someone can find us. But what I did was I wrote in the images, in big letters and using a color that did not take away from interpreting the image, ‘Sample www.mydomain.com’ Sure they could remove it, but it probably isn’t worth their time. Just an alternative.